Understanding The Keys To Prosperity


Following God does not mean living a life of poverty. He is not opposed to our desire to enjoy life and carefully plan for retirement. However, there are important steps that a Christian should take to ensure both prosperity and success.

Daily bread

We should read the Bible and appreciate the source of our successes. Joshua told us in Joshua 1:8 to meditate on Scripture day and night so that we can do everything that is written in it.

God told Moses in Deuteronomy 30:15-18 that blessings and increase will come to those who love the Lord and walk in His ways, while destruction will come to those who are disobedient.

If we don't know what God promises us, how will we know what to expect? We are God's children. He wants the best for us, and He has already promised it to us.

Understand God's promise

I was able to fully appreciate this when I became a mother. With an infant at home, I understood the painstaking care and concern that parents exert over their children.

When I first brought my daughter home, I could hardly sleep at night. I would stand by her crib and watch her sleep, just to make sure that she was OK. Even now that she is older, there are still many nights that I just bask in the joy of watching her sleep.

When my daughter was learning to walk, I found myself being overprotective because I was concerned about her falling and hurting herself. In all areas of her life, I want the best for her so that she is happy and safe.

In the same respect, God wants the best for us. In Luke 11:13, Jesus tells us, "If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him?" (NIV)

God stands by us, watching over our every moves. He allows us the room we need to be independent, but He will never let us go too far

It's all God's grace

Prosperity and success do not come from our own actions, but by the grace of God. In Isaiah 45:7, God said, "I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things." (NIV)

In Deuteronomy 8:17-18, Moses said, "You may say to yourself, 'My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.' But remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which He swore to your forefathers, as it is today." (NIV)

Everything that we have is a gift from God. Ecclesiastes 5:19 reads, "Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work - this is a gift of God." (NIV)

God's time, not ours

If we are still struggling, our time may not have arrived yet. Romans 9:16 reads, "It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy." (NIV)

In fact, our financial struggles may be God's way of building our character. In Romans 5:3-4, Paul told us, "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." (NIV)

In Hebrews 12:7-11, we are encouraged to endure hardships as discipline. It is explained in verse 11, "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. But later on, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." (NIV)

Let's appreciate what God has already done in our lives and know that He has our best interest in mind wherever we may be

No comments:

Post a Comment